How to make a love heart wall hanger from lolly sticks!
Well, the sun is still shinning for now! With heat still building, more gorgeous cooling aids in the forms of ice creams and ice lolly’s are needed than ever!
But yet again, what do we end up with? A lot of lolly sticks!
Lolly stick crafts has never been my favourite thing. I mean it’s a stick what can you do with it? Well, a lot apparently! so I’ve learnt.
A lot of sticks…
In my crafting years and purchasing crafting kits, lolly sticks have always come with them and I’ve never made use of them. Rowan’s kids crafting packs also containing the same flaw. I suppose we still use them for what they are attended for…Ice lolly’s??
Instead of using them and trying to find uses, I’ve been filing them away to a single draw in my desk till I couldn’t fit in anymore. Nightmare.
Pinterest has the answer
So, this week, I sat at my desk with my iPad and turned to my favourite inspiration page Pinterest. How great is that site? After having a snoop around for a little while, writing and doodling some ideas I came up with some cute crafts to try and share with you, most importantly EMPTY THAT DRAWER!
What will you need?
It’s a good idea to collect a few things before starting.
- A lot of lolly sticks! You can buy coloured ones, natural ones, and even giant ones!
- Washi tape or decretive tape
- String or wool
- Hot glue or wood glue or PVA
- Decorative paper of your choosing
Lolly stick love hearts!
Todays craft is somthing I hd huaveng on our bathroom wall. It has bathroom vobes but I’m sure it will look good in any room!
This simple love heart wall hanging is not only easy but looks nice hung in the family home. You can make this for your home, as a gift to a family member or a housewarming gift for some nearly weds! (See ideas below)
You will need
- Lolly sticks
- Hot glue or wood glue
- Decorative paper
- Sticky tape.
- Glue stick
- Paint (optional)
Let’s get crafty!
- To begin you need to take your lolly sticks and make 3 squares as show below. Use your hot glue or wood glue to secure. Set aside to dry.
2. Draw a heart on a piece of card and cut out. Draw around this cut out heart twice more and cut these out too. You should end up with 3 hearts.
3. Glue down these hearts onto decorative paper and cut these out.
4. Now is a good time to paint the frames if you choose to do so. Leave them to dry before doing the next part.
5. Line up your frames with the hearts facing downwards
6. Using the string run a length down the back connecting the 3 frames together and glue into place. (TIP pull the string tight, so the hearts won’t be droopy)
7. Tape the hearts to the string making sure the pattern is facing down.
8. Make a loop out of ribbon or string and hang up!
- Instead of making a love heart hanger, why not use photos in the centre of the frames- this would make a lovely wedding gift (if you use photos of the happy couple)
- If you’re not a fan of hearts why not use feathers or create your own designs!
- Add more squares and hang pictures of each of your family members in it